The school aims to introduce graduate students and young researchers to the recent connections between p-adic analysis (understood in a large sense) with mathematical physics and computer science. Several mini-courses and talks will be offered.
The mini courses to be offered are
- Introduction to p-adic analysis;
- The p-adic Automata Theory and Applications;
- Introduction to local zeta functions;
- p-Adic electrostatics;
- Strings amplitudes, local zeta functions, and log-Coulomb gases;
- p-Adic models in quantum physics.
The CIMPA School will take place from May 22nd – May 31st, in the CIMAT, Guanajuato (https://cimat.mx/en) The school is intended to be a hybrid event, with a small number of participants (about 25) in Guanajuato. If there is a sanitary emergency, the event will be fully online.